The Flaming Lips confirm new album, tour
Fresh from making Erykah Badu very, very angry The Flaming Lips have announced they are putting the finishing touches on their next studio album. In fact, the record is so close to completion that their label Warner Music Australia has slated its release date for “later this year” and promised that Oz “tour dates will follow.” Praise be to Jebus!
If this revelation alone isn’t enough to make you get naked and crawl around the forest in a translucent orb, then surely the news that The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends will be available in Australia on July 6th will have you stripping down with glee. The limited-edition album, which features collaborations with Nick Cave, Bon Iver and Tame Impala, was initially only slated for release on vinyl (ten of them blood filled) as part of Record Store Day in America.
Their new studio album will be the band’s first since 2009’s sprawling opus, Embryonic.
The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends tracklist:
1. 2012 (You Must Be Upgraded) – Ke$ha, Biz Markie & Hour Of The Time Majesty 12
2. Ashes In The Air – Featuring Bon Iver
3. Helping The Retarded To Know God – Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros
4. Supermoon Made Me Want To Pee – Prefuse 73
5. Children Of The Moon – Tame Impala
6. That Ain’t My Trip – Jim James of My Morning Jacket
7. You, Man? Human???- Nick Cave
8. I’m Working At NASA On Acid – Lightning Bolt
9. Do It! – Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band
10. Is David Bowie Dying? – Neon Indian
11. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face – Erykah Badu
12. Girl, You’re So Weird – New Fumes
13. Tasered And Maced – Aaron Behrens of Ghostland Observatory