Soundwave: 700 tickets back on sale; Metallica setlist update

Due to the new restrictions imposed on the Soundwave festival by the Sydney Showgrounds there will be a release of 700 tickets to the sold out festival on Thursday this week.

The age restriction means that ticket holders aged 14 or under can no longer attend the event next month and have been forced to refund their tickets. The changes in venue licensing arrangements are effective immediately and supersede the previous policy which permitted patrons under the age of 15 to attend the event accompanied by a responsible adult.

With all the Sidewaves now confirmed (although Melbourne could see a Cancer Bats Sidewave added to their schedule) the attention has now turned to the timetables and the inevitable clashes that a 72 band lineup offers. According to festival boss AJ Maddah the timetables are likely to be released later this week pending approval from the bands.

Maddah has also backtracked on comments that suggested that Metallica would be bringing their famed “Snakepit” set up on the festival tour and playing their 1991 self-titled record – “The Black Album” – in full. Metallica resurrected the pit for their 20th anniversary “Black Album” shows in Europe last year and Maddah had told fans that they’d be using the same set up at Soundwave helping to fuel the rumour. However, the outspoken promoter now says that he “made a mistake at one point thinking they were bringing snake pit” and that “They’re not doing Black album.”